Now to get all the pretty lights to working, the wiring was in good nick so I cleaned every connector with a chain saw file and 600 grit to eliminate resistance. Everything worked except the wipers and horn. Wipers are vacuum powered and my horns have gone missing in a box some were. I am sure the carpet snake swallowed them.
(Click on a thumbnail for an enlarged image)
|This is one of those projects that followed me home 9 years ago and for some reason it is still there. I found her in a very sorry state dumped outside my local wreckers and I felt sorry for her and brought her home. I hide it the corner of my shed till I had time. In the mean time I have moved four times and she is still with me. Since it her 50th birthday this year we thought we would give her a fresh coat of paint and some seats and crank up the old girl.
I will update the progress via the web site, please email me if you have any hints or pearls of wisdom that can help us on the way.